August and Late Summer Maintenance Checklist
- Change out your HVAC filter.
- Test your Smoke
- Doors & Windows
- Check the operation of all your doors and windows you know the kids have been tough on them (That includes the Garage Doors)
- Check the weather-stripping around them & replace as necessary
- Check the frames for evidence of rot – this is a good month for those repairs with either an Epoxy based system, or replacement
- Check for loose or cracked caulking & replace it – don’t cover over it
- Cracked windows, or missing glazing should be repaired or replaced
- Screens – take them off and give them a good spray down and repair / rescreen as necessary
- While you are checking out your windows & doors, now would be a good time to look at your foundation & brick walls – if you
notice cracks or missing grout ***except at the very bottom of the wall – that is to allow water out*** get it repaired
- Are your rooms super hot & the AC can’t seem to catch up – either schedule an Energy Audit, check to see if your attic has enough insulation, & check out more of our popular DIY articles on this subject
- If you have not checked your gutters in a while, now would be a good time.
- Trash Can’s – now would be a great time to wash them out & disinfect them